Monday, April 5, 2010

Go Butler!!!

I've been listening to The Swell Season's new album "Strict Joy". The title of the album is a little deceiving to me because it seems to be anything but joyful. Which just so happens to fit my mood recently. It's a great album and I love how Glen Hansard and Marketa Irglova blend their voices together so well. I can feel every word they sing by the emotion in their voices.

Anyway, here are some of the lyrics that have really been getting to me:

I wanna sit you down and talk
I wanna pull back the veils and find out what it is I've done wrong
I wanna tear these curtains down
I want you to meet me somewhere tonight in this old tourist town
And we'll go

Low rising, 'cause we've gotta come up
We've gotta come up, low rising
'Cause there's no further for us to fall, low rising
'Cause I fear we've had enough and we're low rising
Oh, for the love of you
"Low Rising"


You were restless
I was somewhere less secure
So I went running to the road
And so now there's a long list of places I was
I quit my rambling and came home

'Cause maybe I was born to hold you in these arms
Maybe I was born to hold you in these arms
"In These Arms"

Just before the rain came down the sun came out at last
And as for all assumptions made and questions never asked
I know we're not where I promised you we'd be by now
But maybe it's a question of who'd want it anyhow
"The Rain"

There's a light inside us all
It only shines as bright as we are
And you've fallen down so low
I'm really worried for you
I'm really worried

And even on our worst days we were never quite like this, no
We've gone as far as we can go without crashing, no

At the heart of every fool is the hope you're stupid too
And there's this lingering
This lingering feeling that I'm missing something
I feel like I'm missing something
"High Horses"


What's the verb to kick it off
To take the time and walk away from it
I'm not playing
That'll never sit with us well
We're far too pious to get out of it
And we're on our way

Running away won't change anything
It only puts it off
Stand on the spot
Work out where you are and take it all from there

"I'm tired of fighting," she said
You words just rattle my head
All joy escapes in the dark and I can't make this make sense
Your words are lost to me now
I cannot take it, I'm out
I'm stuck here kidding myself
You're out there caring somewhere
"The Verb"


But this estranged organ in my chest still beats for you
It will not rest
So meet me in our secret place when the time has come
Rest your head in my lap and I'll beat you out of your own trap
And I'll show you how much you have missed truth
In time we will unite

But you've been every now and then on my mind
You're every now and then on my mind.
"I Have Loved you Wrong"


In time when you word was true
You gave your heart to the ones you knew
And at the dawn of every day there was a light that you gave to me

You gave yourself to a love that conquers
Give everything to a love that conquers

And then you came
And you came real close
You gave the heart what it wanted most
You took your time and you made it clear
Maybe time will erase some things

You ran away with a love that conquers
You ran away with a love that conquers

Too long in the shadows
Too long in the dust
Give yourself to a love that conquers
"Love That Conquers"




The End. K bye.

No comments: